3.13.2008

Responsibility

As I have spent a little time in the past day or two with our sweet little grandkiddoes [those who live in town as well as those who don't] I am always reminded of how much our Heavenly Father loves them and how much trust He places in us as their family members.

"Clearly, those of us who have been entrusted with precious children have been given a sacred noble stewardship, for we are the ones God has appointed to encircle today's children with love and the fire of faith and an understanding of who they are." [Elder M. Russell Ballard]

I'm not raising little ones in my home anymore, but I have a lot of contact with children -- in the family and at church and I do feel that responsibility: to teach them, to lead them, to help them understand who they are and most importantly [to me, anyway], to love them and help them feel confident and sure in that love.

I love this quote. It says it all.

[picture via flickr]

7 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

i love your quotes! You are seriously the sweetest person I know! Your love for children in itself is inspiring! Thanks for being such a good example to me!

Mia said...

I love that quote! Those kiddos truly are special and amazing gifts.

Unknown said...

that's fabulous. thanks, mama.

Jeni Simmons said...

The words from Elder Ballard are motivating. I love my kids but do feel overwhelmed at times. That quote helps me remember what it's all about. THANKS!

Jori said...

Love the quote!

hoLLy said...

i wish everyone felt this way! i always pray that my children get teachers-in church and in school-that truly have a love for children and will love and teach my children the way i would have them. raising and teaching children is truly a sacred calling. (even if they do drive you a little crazy sometimes:)

Cammie said...

You are a very talented grandma!