3.31.2009

Improvement


"God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me." ~Author unknown, variation of an excerpt from "The Serenity Prayer" by Reinhold Neibuhr

What a great statement! I'm the only one who knows how much work I really need [it's a lot!] and I am the only one who can really execute that change. No matter how much I wish someone else would [pick one:] get moving, work harder, be nicer, have more fun etc., I am the only one that I can change. Moreover, my job concerning others is just as stated above: to accept them and to love them.

And now I should excuse myself to get to work. On myself.

[the above pics make it clear who really needs improvement, right?! ha!]

11 comments:

tara said...

i love that quote and have always loved that qoute. it's just a hair different than the AA moto that is repeated at every meeting. i love it.
thanks jan:)

Ashley said...

oh, you don't need to change one bit! but, i totally love this true concept.

Unknown said...

i love those pics of you!! and great quote, thanks, mama!

Val said...

I should never had let that scary wig picture out of my hot little hands!!

Melissa said...

That's a great thought...although if everyone was as perfect as me, there'd be no need for change...hee hee. Totally Joking

tiburon said...

One of my favorite quotes - even if it is from AA :)

Good luck on bettering yourself! I kind of like you how you are though ;)

Mel said...

Great quote! I love your pictures.

Carrie and Nathan said...

You always motivate me to do better. Thanks for this message!

Natalie Scott said...

You're doing a pretty darn good job, I gotta say ;)

Great thoughts. Love the Dr. act during music time. One of my favorites!

Aryn said...

Great post, great reminder!! I will get to work on myself today as well. Is that you in the hot pink top, with the rectal examiner's gloves? Curious indeed.....:)

Aryn said...

ok, so maybe they're more of cleaning gloves... the cap is what made me think of a dr.'s office... nice outfit, just the same.