4.29.2009

Sweet Treat

So in the midst of much dental work [dental implants - -and I'll tell you, it's an extended procedure, so don't believe anything you see on TV about 'get your implants in one day' because it just doesn't happen that way], there was a bright little interlude this morning. While I was at my wonderful dentist's office, Natalie was at the doc with Simon [for his 6 mo. check up! how did that happen?!] and we were able to meet up after [timing is everything, right?] at KC Donuts for a quick breakfast of breakfast tacos, maple donuts [my personal favorite], drinks and donut holes for dessert. Who knew you could have dessert with breakfast, anyhow? And that it would be so good?!

What a treat!! Great company, fabulous food, and dessert for breakfast. Nothin' better than that.

But I must admit that the only walking I did in conjunction with this was from the dentist's office to the donut place -- 30 second walk. If that. Sigh.

But it was worth it! So yummy.

11 comments:

Mel said...

Yummy! I love maple donuts too! I love the comic. Hehe. I think it should be true.

Mia said...

Mmmm donut hole are the best! Sounds like a great morning (minus the dental work).

Nat Lud said...

So I am pretty much just jealous of yours and Nat's food meetings. always something yummy. Makes me want to move there!

Cammie said...

After all the dental work! You deserve donuts!!

Unknown said...

that WAS fun! and pretty much delicious and totally worth it!

hoLLy said...

sounds like the perfect morning! i LOVE me some donuts!

Darleen said...

I secretly wish I could eat donuts every morning. Yum!

Suzanne said...

To answer the question in the comic. "Of course." Every once and awhile (maybe more often than that) I absolutely crave doughnuts. Your breakfast sounds wonderful -- the company and the food!

Natalie Scott said...

Maple doughnuts are MY absolute favorite too! How did I not know that about you???

Gee, you think you know a person...;)

Rebecca said...

Yum! Maple donuts are awesome!

jaacs said...

lol. Yummy!! And my kind of thinking! lol. I was in Killeen last weekend and was so tempted to show up and visit you out of the blue. Alas, I had a 6hour drive ahead of me and was exhausted already. You'll have to let me know when you are in Colorado again. :)