6.24.2009

The Gift of Happiness


"It is a happy talent to know how to play." ~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Have you ever known someone who is naturally happy and just seems to know how to have fun? Masey is one of those people, I think. He has a genuinely sunny nature, his natural mood is happiness, his favorite color [at least lately] is yellow and he is very easy to please. As I watch him at home, he is most content just playing. Playing with Thomas and his trains, with Lightnin' McQueen and the Cars, with the kitchen toys [serving 'meals' to me after taking my order], building with blocks -- any of these things make that little boy happy.

He knows how to play! I watch him and I feel like I need some lessons. I get too tied up in scheduling, in making sure things get done, in keeping things tidy etc. I need to just play.

Look at that face! See? It's contagious! [aren't you smiling too? I am!]

7 comments:

Carrie and Nathan said...

So cute!

Cammie said...

He has a great smile, and we could all use a little more playing in our lives..for sure!

Unknown said...

he's a goodie!!

Mia said...

I love happy little boys :) Mason is a doll.

Maren said...

You all are sooooo lucky to have that sweetheart in your family! Forever! What a blessing! :)

Andrea said...

Yes, I'm smiling. He's a cutie!

hoLLy said...

oh, he is definitely the perfect picture of happiness. what a sweetheart!