8.10.2009

Change



"Childhood is a time of indelible impressions, mostly left by children on their parents."~ Robert Brault

Change is in the air, isn't it? School will be in session here in 2 weeks, and in our family, that will mean big changes for 2 precious grandkiddoes. Daniel and Maya will both be starting kindergarten and they are both so excited and so ready. The rest of us? Not so much.

For me, I'm taken back to the [very recent, it seems!] year when they both arrived in our family - -so wanted, so precious, and so loved. Now their parents will be sending them off to school every day, all day. And those of us who love them will miss them as part of our daily lives.

Daniel and Maya will do great as they both have great parents who love them and have prepared them well. For me, it's another of those bittersweet times where you're thrilled with their progress, excited for their new adventures, and sad for the changes that are on the way.

The indelible impressions spoken of above have been made not only on the parents of these two wonderful children but their grandparents too.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Are in the all day kindergarten? I think that would put me over the edge! I've realized lately that although Cambri drives me insane a lot of the time, I am going to be very sad when she starts school. The days of her being with me all day every day will be gone.

Carrie and Nathan said...

Cute kiddos, indeed. That's a big transition. All day Kindergarten is gonna be a shocker, too. We are just transitioning to all-day this year. Mixed emotions.

Mel said...

Do they have all day kindergarten? What cute kiddos! Love the quote!

Unknown said...

don't even get me started! :(

hoLLy said...

the start of kindergarten is so so bittersweet. i'm already getting emotional about sending ella-even though she is my second to go, it is no different. she was still my baby and i'm so sad that she is growing up(but thrilled to watch her learn and grow). why can't we just freeze time??? i love them so little.

hoLLy said...

i meant so little as in so young. not so little as in i love them a little:) just had to clarify!

SweetmamaK said...

You can definalty see the Mason heritage in these two, what cutie pies! Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts, they always brighten my day! I went to the temple last week with another friend of mine, it was nice to go down there and spend some quiet time inside. Hopefully next time I visit, we can get together!Love you!

Chris and Tara Mason said...

I am soooo dreading next week. Daniel is my buddy, and I will be very sad not to have him hanging out with me all of the time! All day kindergarten sucks!