1.07.2010

Our new Primary theme this year is wonderful: "I Know My Savior Lives". Just the thought of addressing this topic [in many different ways and aspects] this year humbles me. What a blessing to be able to teach this concept to a group of Primary children that already have hold of my heart. To share my testimony and insights with them will be a gift, and to help them grasp that concept and testimony will be even better.

I do know He lives, and I know that He loves each one of us, imperfect as we are. But what I really know is that He has a special place in His heart for the children. There are so many children who don't know Him and won't be taught about Him and that thought hurts my heart when I consider it. But it makes me so grateful for the chance I have been given to work on internalizing that concept even more deeply for myself, and the chance to help the children I love so dearly learn to take it into their own lives and hearts.

I'm excited about our new Primary year!!

picture above by Liz Lemon Swindle -- and just an FYI -- it now hangs in my family room, a thoughtful and precious Christmas gift from Chris and Natalie. I kind of get a lump in my throat every time I look at it!!

6 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

Love it- I'm so glad that I still (for now anyway) get to play the piano in primary. I love the new song for this month. We have a new presidency and they'll be having jr and sr singing time and sharing time split- a wonderful thing, but since I teach Sunday School they'll need another pianist and I'll miss that connection, especially since this is the first year to have all 4 of my kiddos in primary and wah wah wah the last year too.

Emily said...

What a wonderful theme!! And I really really love this picture! In some ways I secretly wish that we were in your ward so Krew could go to primary with you. We have wonderful leaders here, but you are just such an amazing woman -- I'd love it if my kids could have someone like you in their lives!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i'm so glad you love the print! that is my favorite picture ever!

Jori said...

I ADORE that picture! I am so happy you have it. Your little Primary kiddo's are so lucky to have you, you love them so much.

I am so happy that you are getting a new grand daughter soon! What a wonderful blessing. Hugs to you Jan!

MiaKatia said...

You are a wonderful soul to be leading those children. They are blessed as much as you are. Love the picture, what a great gift!

Andrea said...

What a beautiful picture! I'm excited about primary too!