2.15.2011

The Gift of Loving

"There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child -- and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own."~Robert Brault


I have lots of 'children'. We've lived in many places, and I have had countless opportunities to be a part of so many different lives: at this point in my life, I count that as one of my sweetest blessings. Loving all the Primary children, seminary students, elementary school students, Young Women (and the list goes on) that have passed through life and been in my care has become something very precious to me. I am so thankful for the opportunities I have had to love all of them and pray that there will be just as many (or more) in my future.

Just the other day I was referred to as "the singing lady who sings Head Shoulders Knees and Toes BACKWARDS'' and got a big hug as an extra bonus, and later, was the recipient of a sweet visit from a former Primary (now moved on into YW) child, and also was handed the nicest note and cookies too (!) to go along with the visit.

I will always take the chance on loving. It is an opportunity to open my heart, my life, and my arms and it is gratifying to see those I love blossom under my care.

7 comments:

Doug Funny said...

I really admire that last paragraph, how you will always take the chance on loving. Frequently, I don't feel like doing it because I am routinely regarded as ruderal by people for whom I deeply cared. Still, I keep my ears, eyes, and heart open, because I hope to find someone with whom to spend my eternity. I admire you because you have done better than I and openly declared it.

That is very Christ-like of you.

jaacs said...

I love that quote and I love you, Jan! :)

Jill said...

I hope to have touch half the people that you have. You are truly an inspiration!

Natalie Scott said...

There is a reason you consistently get these opportunities to serve...especially the young people. You have a GIFT!

My own kiddos adore "Sis. Mason" for all the obvious reasons, and I'm so glad. Thanks for being you Jan!

Unknown said...

glad to be one of your "real" ones...you're stuck with me! ;)

Andrea said...

The primary kids really do adore you! And so do the rest of us! Thanks for all you do. I'm so glad you're my VT now. What a treat!

nothing profound said...

Working with children is the most rewarding work there is. Knowing you've been a part of and touched so many beautiful lives.