6.07.2012

In His Hands

‎"The road back to God is a road of moral effort, of trying harder and harder. But...it is not the trying that is ever going to bring us home. All this trying leads up to the vital moment at which you turn to God and say, 'You must do this. I can't.'
-CS Lewis


I found this on Facebook today and immediately had to steal it because it spoke so clearly to me.  I have always loved C.S. Lewis - he has a way of saying things that I can easily relate to.  I think for me the idea of relinquishing control {I am definitely a control freak!} is what is difficult, and to be able to admit that I can't do something on my own is tough.  


But if I have learned anything at all, it's that there are surely things that I can't do on my own and to put them in His hands is the only answer.  


How blessed we are to be able to do just that - give it to Him and move forward.  He loves us more than we can understand and is waiting for us to come to Him for the help we need.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Love this! I love CS Lewis as well. What a great quote. :)

Unknown said...

love it!