12.16.2007

I Wonder when He Comes Again

Today in Primary, we talked about the fact that we believe that Jesus was born in Bethlehem -- and that we know He will come again. The classes did Sharing Time today and both were wonderful. In Sr. Primary, the teacher had requested that the children sing "I Wonder When He Comes Again".

It's a beautiful song anyhow, but when a group of children that I love dearly started singing it today, I just lost it. I made it through the first line, and then literally could not sing more. All I could do was sit there, listen to these wonderful children sing, feel the spirit and wipe away the tears.

What a gift, especially at the end of a really busy, stressful week. I felt I was hearing the voices of angels today and was so thankful that I was there. And if I was touched, imagine how grateful their Heavenly Father was to hear them singing about His son.

9 comments:

Natalie Scott said...

I often sit there in Sharing Time and imagine how pleased Heavenly Father must be with these beautiful singing voices. No wonder he loves the children!

And no wonder we do too :o)
I LOVE being in primary...especially with you!

hoLLy said...

i would've cried too. that song is beautiful-especially when sung by children.

Unknown said...

angels? it must have been senior primary! :)

Cammie said...

I know there is a reason that I don't serve in the primary. I think it's because there is no way that I could hear those kids sing and not burst into tears.

I love when they sing, "I Lived in Heaven". Especially when the song says, "A long time ago it is true". It hit me one day while I was waiting for Cali to give her talk, that they didn't live there that long ago at all.

Jori said...

LOVE your new blog. I love being in Primary too. Such special little kids.

Emily John said...

I love that song. It makes me tear up everytime.

Emily John said...

PS Love the new look!

Kristi said...

I love that song--it is so beautiful. And I am right there with you--I felt such a relief at Church this week. It was so nice to just be there and feel the spirit and not think about anything else but my little Sunbeams :)

Hacking it up said...

This is one of my most favorite songs! It is so sweet and it really reminds me of my grandma, because she used to play for primary and it was one of her favorites too!