11.13.2008

This Is Us

People often comment that Mark and I are pretty much opposites, and we really are in most ways. If he likes a certain piece of furniture, you can be nearly 100% sure that I will not only dislike it, I will hate it. If I love a picture or some decorative item for our home, you can almost guess that he won't. When we go shopping for large items, it's high-stress. Our house is pretty much furnished in what I like to call 'early compromise' furniture. Neither of us ever gets what we love -- we end up with what we can tolerate.

The only things we both really like are each other and our family. Apparently it's enough.

He's pretty spectacular -- and the cartoon really is us.

There's my smile for today.

12 comments:

Neely Family said...

Sis. Mason,

Long time since I saw you guys at the In-N-Out Burger in Las Vegas. Congrats on the happenings in your life. Feel free to stalk us anytime:

http://johnkrystin.blogspot.com/

-John Neely

Andrea said...

I love that comic! Cracked me up. And your house looks great for "early compromise"!

hoLLy said...

i love that! you sound perfect for each other:) and none of that "other stuff" really matters anyways-family is what matters!

G-mom said...

too funny. I am shocked that you say you are so different. I think you are m.f.e.o.!!

Unknown said...

haha, hits it on the head! love it!

Suzanne said...

Oh boy... I can relate! ;o)

Carrie and Nathan said...

Still smiling. I can totally relate. We are the same way. In an odd way...this post is encouraging. We can survive, right? lol...oh well, at least we love each other!

Natalie Scott said...

So funny! And I agree with Andrea, your house is beautiful ;)

Maren said...

Men... Sheesh! (kidding Mark... Jan loves you, and it's all about compromise!) Still though, it's so funny. I was in the same boat recently... and he didn't even realize it. All over a stupid misunderstanding! haha!

Ashley said...

i'm glad that you two like the most important things in life; otherwise, i'd be worried. ;)

Melissa said...

Oh man, that could be a conversation my hubby and I have!!

jaacs said...

That was funny. Sometimes I feel like that is my husband and me, too. Usually I get my way but there have been many a compromise made on both sides. Husbands are part of the spices of life. They make things more interesting and a lot more fun. :)