3.31.2010

Laptops

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, dads, gra[mm]ies and grandpas, aunts, uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next generation their... expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams."~General Colin Powell

There's really nothing I can add to this one - it's perfect, isn't it? Every child needs people who love them, who will teach them and lead them along. I'm so grateful I've had the chance to do that not only for my own family but for our Primary children as well.

picture by Greg Olsen

8 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

SO TRUE!

Mel said...

Such a great quote! :)

Suzanne said...

Best brand of laptop ever!

Jill said...

The world would be so much different (for the better) if every child had their own laptop.

Andrea said...

So sweet - as I sit here with Anna on my lap and try to type. :)

Unknown said...

super cute!

Mia said...

I love it! I absolutely love it.

jenjamin said...

beautiful!