10.26.2008

Hope + Faith + Work = Primary Success

"Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier." ~Author Unknown

Our Primary Children's Sacrament Meeting presentation is coming up and we had our first practice yesterday in the chapel. Because we are the middle ward in the building schedule, we don't get much time in the chapel before others need to get in there, so we have scheduled not the usual 2 weeks of practice, but 3. Yesterday we got the seating assignments made [Kristi is a rockstar and had it all mapped out - perfectly!] and ran through a few of the songs in the chapel, giving the children an idea of what it will take to really fill the room with their voices.

Next week, we'll get them seated [quickly, I hope] and then run through the program, letting each child take their turn at the pulpit, giving them a feel for what that is like. Then, the final week we'll just go straight through the program, time it, and be ready for the actual presentation.

I was pretty doubtful before we got started yesterday but the children followed directions beautifully, sat quietly, sang like angels [even in the chapel -- usually it takes a few weeks to get them adjusted to singing in a room that size], and even the Sunbeams did pretty darn well.

So I'm going to keep on hoping, praying and working -- and it will be better and better every week! Oh, how I love our Primary kiddoes!

13 comments:

Jill said...

I love Primary Programs--they are by far my favorite Sunday of the year. I wish I could come by and see yours!

Unknown said...

i was happy that maya sort of had her part memorized! love it!

Carrie and Nathan said...

I'm glad the Primary's got you! I always hope there are people in there that really enjoy being in there. Raven's getting ready for hers in a couple of weeks, too. Good luck!

Ashley said...

with you in the primary, it will for sure be a success! good luck!

hoLLy said...

we just had ours yesterday. aubrey and ella both did their parts so good. i was so proud of them! i love the primary programs. i know yours will turn out awesome with people like you and kristi in charge. good luck with everything! its quite the task!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so dang organized, no need to fret! Your program is going to be so wonderful, wish I was there to hear the kids sing. You have the best Primary ever!!

Darleen said...

I should of been calling you about organzing a primary program. Well, we had ours a few weeks ago--I'm so glad it's over. But every week of practice it got better and better. The day of the program it was beautiful and the most important thing was the spirit was there and the message was delivered.

Rebecca said...

We did ours on Sunday. I tell ya... a primary music leader's job is very busy on that day! My arm was tired! :) We did have some fun singing time during primary too.. it was nice to be a little rowdy.

Natalie Scott said...

Yay! I'm so excited...it's going to be wonderful!

Nat Lud said...

It is always a lot of work to put on the program but the results are super awesome! I'm sure they'll do great! They already sound like they are light years ahead of our kiddoes in the first week and ours rocked on performance day!

Hacking it up said...

Thanks for all of your work on that!! I love the primary program!! Too bad your practice time got cut short by the YW program....who are the people in charge of them anyway?...dorks :)

Jeni Simmons said...

We start practicing in a couple weeks. I would love to know how yours goes.

Renae said...

Any grandbaby yet?
I know your program will be great. You've got the Midas Musical touch!