10.07.2008

Making Me Smile Today

I'm slightly cranky -- Time Warner Cable [which we have, for one more day] has not picked up the local NBC station - they've had some issues and haven't been able to resolve them. Which means, to those who don't get it, that I can't watch 'Jeopardy' or 'The Biggest Loser'. Sigh. This feels unheard of -- not to be able to watch the local NBC station. Just plain weird.

But tomorrow? We become subscribers to the new ATT Uverse which will include their high-speed internet, TV [more channels -- not that I need any more, but I do need NBC!], and digital phone as well. We are moving into the new milennium.

Yay for us. And yay for AT & T -- they carry the NBC station. Now is that so hard?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you'll finally get the NBC coverage. What a bummer.
And it's ok to be slightly cranky.;)

hoLLy said...

yea for NBC! that station is a must for us(we are loyal Office viewers:)

Unknown said...

i can't believe that really happened. so weird.

jaacs said...

woohoo. That is great. So glad you will be back to watching shows you love. I LOVE the Biggest Loser, too. We don't have cable and our local NBC station isn't coming in and hasn't switched over to HD (we have the converter box) so I've been missing out also. We have been hooking our laptop up to the computer and watching the old episodes a week later instead. It isn't fun to be a week behind..but better than nothing, right? lol.

I always say that I should never be allowed to have cable. I'm sure I would seriously neglect my children in favor of The Food Network. That is ALL I watch when we go to the hospital to have babies. lol.

Ashley said...

no nbc? that is strange. glad you're switching over so you can watch your faves.

i just got done watching "the biggest loser."

Aryn said...

That cartoon made me laugh out loud!! Welcome to my world.

Mel said...

I would definitely be cranky too!! I'm glad you'll finally be able to get NBC.

starstruck_texan said...

I just hope you have better luck with u-verse than we have....ours is constantly freezing up on us.

Natalie Scott said...

Aak! We're going crazy around here without NBC. Don't want to switch EVERYTHING and don't know what to do. No SNL or office...I'm. going. to. DIE.