6.26.2007

Bad Hair Day (Life?)

Thursday is when I have a hair appt. and I am counting the minutes. My hair is never good -- it really isn't - -but sometimes it's better than others. I have naturally curly hair that I have never learned to deal with, grew up in the straight-straight hair era, and have fought it all the way. Obviously living in humid Austin doesn't help at all. I keep hearing that I need to give in and work with my hair but I have no skills -- none! So I just do what I've always done and it's been OK as long as I have a good cut. Two cuts ago (about 14 weeks ago, I guess) I got brave and told our stylist Monica at Maximum FX Salon (a great place and a really gifted stylist) to cut it short and do something cute and different. Since she's so great, I'm sure she did, but I could never make it look cute. It does look different for sure! So when I went back 7 weeks later, I told that I was giving up on different, and asked her to point it back towards where I've always had it -- at least that way I can make it behave. So she did but of course that will take time as she cut it all off the time before. Right now it's a mess. Very shaggy, all weird lengths, sticks up every which way and I hate it. I really do. Not sure what she can do about it but she's a magician so I know she will find something. And I can't wait. I need hair help. No pics because it's that bad! (ask Natalie -- she will report on the hairdo I sported in Port Aransas -- so bad I had to get a hat!) Hair is not my area for sure.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

your hair always looks cute. i know it gives you fits, though. your best hair days were 1)when we moved our stuff into storage in austin and 2)port aransas. a little monica magic always does the trick!

Heather said...

Find a style that works with YOUR hair. Then spend another half hour (if that's what it takes) finguring out how to fix it. Let it go curly! It would be cute. Give in to the dark side! My boys like Star Wars way too much.

Jan said...

That's great advice - I just need to get brave enough to try it!

hoLLy said...

i always thought your hair looked great! you always look very fashionable and cool(hair AND clothing wise). my hair-thats another story. i wish i had a monica!

Kristi said...

You always look cute, girl!