6.23.2007

Great Quote

As Natalie and I were driving together today to the Popcorn Place (check her blog for specifics -- it was awesome!) we were listening to her soundtrack of Les Mis. I have never read the book, seen the play or really even know much about it but as we listened, I caught this line: "To love another person is to see the face of God" and it really struck me. I've been pondering on it ever since. What a great line and what a great thought. The love that I feel for my family and others is a small insight into really seeing the face of God. These people that are so beloved by me are a key to my vision of our Father in Heaven. If I can think of it that way, I can really feel a greater, closer connection to Him. I love my husband, children, and now little grandbabies so much and each one of them gives me a more open vision of a loving Father in Heaven. And when I have that vision, it's much easier to spend time on my knees in conversation with Him.
What a gift, then to find a wonderful insight into eternal things (a tender mercy, really) during the course of my day. I'm thankful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that line, too, but it makes more sense to me with your added explanation. i always say that's why we have children - to finally understand how much Heavenly Father loves us.

Jan said...

And that's really a true statement. When we have our own children is when we really start to understand.

hoLLy said...

Thank you for writing that Jan-it really made me stop and think about how much Heavenly Father loves each of us and how much I love my precious little family. That is an awesome line from that song. I have pondered it in the past as well. What you wrote about it was inspiring!

Kristi said...

That is a great line to ponder. And great insight as well--It's good for me to remember how much Heavenly Father loves me and my family, and how much we try to mirror that love with our own children and families.