6.19.2007

I'm no Blogger, I"m Afraid

I just noticed that it's been a full week since I posted anything at all, and it caused me to ponder as to why that might be. I think the final answer is that I don't do much that I feel would be very interesting to anyone else. In an effort to feel interesting, I'm making a list of what is new since last Tuesday.

First, we got our new furniture delivered. It looks great, suits the room really well, and I"m happy with it. (OK, I'm really happy with it. I love it!) Also Mark has made more progress on the back yard project and we are now to the point where we need to find someone with a pickup truck so that we can go get some sod -- we don't need a lot but seeding would be dumb at this point and they want $65 to deliver a little bit of sod. Not happening. The yard will be done then and we'll get some pics taken so you can all see what I've been talking about. It's been a huge project and as I look at it, I think it would have cost thousands of dollars (on top of the thousands we spent for materials and plants etc.) to have it done. It's really beautiful.

I got several days with Maya and with Mason which is always fun. They really make my life happy. They always love me and are always glad to see me which is really good for the self-esteem. I love them and love every opportunity I have to spend time with them. Natalie had a great trip (as I know you've read) and was glad to see her kiddoes who were also thrilled to see her.

I think my biggest 'accomplishment' (if you can call it that) is that I have spent my time on the elliptical 5x a week for 3 weeks in a row -- and have upped my time each week as well. I"m now to the point where I can do nearly 45 minutes on it at a time which is good considering at first, 5 was hard. So that's good too.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a good wrap-up to me, although you forgot to mention your lovely coach knockoff, which should have been a highlight! :)

Jan said...

Whoops -- I also received a lovely Coach knock-off courtesy of Natalie and her NY trip. Gotta love that!

Hayley said...

haha. jan - i was missing you! and - i'm proud of your working out. i've been doing it too now, for a week. its amazing how my energy levels & caffeine dependency are balancing out! and even though i'm getting up at the buttcrack of dawn, i'm enjoying the reading time, too! good luck~

Jan said...

Yay for you, Hayley!! I used to be such a good exerciser and have become instead a lazy bum. It's hard to get back into it -- especially at the buttcrack of dawn! That I know!

hoLLy said...

can't wait to see the pics of your backyard. it sounds like it will be gorgeous when its all done! and all this talk of exercising is making me feel like i need to get back on track with that. i guess cali is almost 3 months now. no more excuses!

Heather said...

Glad to see you back in action on your blog. Good for you on the exercising! It is addicting!

Kristi said...

That's quite an accomplishment to exercise 5 times a day for 3 weeks (in my book!) Good for you! It's so exciting to get new furniture! Yay! You such a nice Grandma, too!