10.02.2007

Courage - I need some!

"Courage is not freedom from fear. It is being afraid and going on." (Author unknown)


I have foot surgery scheduled for tomorrow. In fact, I will probably be just finishing up right about now. I haven't been the least bit nervous or concerned about it up until today. It's been something that I needed to do and wanted to do because my feet hurt all the time and it's getting worse. This surgery will help, so it's time to do it. And when the right foot heals, they'll do the left. Someday I'll have feet that feel normal. Gotta love that.

But today I'm nervous. Actually I think I'm scared. I don't know why. I've had plenty of surgeries in the past so it's not really the unknown factor, I don't think. But I am nervous. I need some courage! I loved the above quote -- what I need to do now is to gather myself, ask for comfort from Heavenly Father, have Mark give me a blessing tonight, and know that all will be well.

Love that poster above: "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear". (Ambrose Redmoon)

16 comments:

Natalie Scott said...

Oh, Jan, I've been thinking about you all day! I wish there was something I could do to calm your nerves. Thank goodness you have your sweet husband to help you through. These things are scary, no matter how many times you've done it before.

What time will you be home? I'll be coming by with cookies! Perhaps after you've had a chance to get home and settled? Or maybe even Thursday? Good luck, you are in our prayers.

Jill said...

I hope that everything went perfectly well and that your foot heals quickly. Surgeries are so bittersweet--they stink going through and recovering from, but in the end it's totally worth it!

Emily John said...

Oh Jan, good luck. Surgery is so nerve racking. I'll be thinking of you. I hope it helps relieve some of the pain.

Jori said...

Jan, I will be praying for you and thinking of you! I hope you have a speedy recovery!(boy I just sounded like the Mr. Rogers delivery guy)

Christina said...

Jan- You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure everything will go smoothly- you live an obedient life and qualify for the blessings that you desire, and a smooth recovery and successful surgery is definitely a righteous desire :)

tiburon said...

Good luck tomorrow Jan! Everything will be great!

Unknown said...

you will be just fine! and we'll be over to harass you as soon as you get home! :)

Hayley said...

good luck with the surgery. i'll keep my fingers crossed & say a few prayers. you'll do great, i'm sure. and i love that poster, not only cause i LOVE penguins, but i love the quote, too!!!

Melissa said...

Good luck and hope you are up and bloggin again soon!

Cammie said...

Jan, I hope everything goes well with your surgery, and you have a speedy recovery.

Phogles said...

I don't have anything original to say (these gals have said it all), but I wanted you to know that we're thinking of you, and we love you.

Nat Lud said...

Hope all is well with you jan! We'll be praying for you. Better take care of yourself and not be absent from the blog world for too long! :) We'd miss ya too much! Hope your feet feel better soon!

hoLLy said...

i'll be thinking about you and praying for you tomorrow jan! sorry you have to have surgery but it will be worth it, right? just think about having painless feet. i didn't know you had problems with them, how awful, seeing as that those are the things we walk on every day! what a pain(literally). good luck and let us know how you're doing asap.

Jan said...

Thanks, everybody. You all make me feel better! I'm hoping this all is really easy! (ha - but even just OK would be good.)

Mel said...

I'm so sorry I missed telling you good luck before your surgery. I hope everything went well. I'm glad you're getting it done so you can feel better, but still it's not fun in the meantime.

Maren said...

Good Luck Jan! You're not alone!! You'll be in my prayers for sure! :)