10.11.2007

We Are Somebody

"As children of God we are somebody. He will build us, mold us, and magnify us if we will but hold our heads up, our arms out, and walk with Him. What a great blessing to be created in His image and know of our true potential in and through Him! What a great blessing to know that in His strength we can do all things!" (Marvin J. Ashton, "In His Strength", Ensign, Jul 1973)

I need to read this often. There are so many days I feel so small, weak and powerless when I look at all the pain and problems there are in this life. Especially after a long, emotional day like today has been, I love the way this quote makes me feel -- that I just have to (as he says) 'hold my head up, my arms out and walk with Him.'

I want to. I need to. And His strength is there for me when I do.

5 comments:

Darleen said...

I hope you are feeling okay. Tomorrow is another day. Thanks for the beautiful quote. I love to know that his strength is in me. He keeps me trucking through the bad.

Christina said...

Thank you for this, Jan. You are such a great example, often when I need it most! I hope your recovery is still going strong.

Jori said...

I hope you are doing okay Jan. We must be on the same emotional roller coaster. I have cried more these past two days than I have my whole life. I will pray for you. Thanks for the uplifting thoughts.

Emily John said...

I love the quote. I'm thinking and praying for you! xoxox!

hoLLy said...

hey jan! i'm thinking about you today and hoping you are doing alright. i love this post. i also love this picture-i haven't seen that one before.