10.21.2007

Treasures

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” (Thornton Wilder)

My heart is full and happy today. I was so happy to be back in Primary. We have had 2 Sundays off, as we had General Conference and then Stake Conference in a row. I missed my Primary kids. I really did. I looked out at both Junior and Senior Primaries as I conducted today and my heart was filled with love for them, appreciation and love for their teachers, and a sure knowledge that they are most certainly among my treasures.

After Primary, the CTR 5's came to give me flowers that they had made for me, and to say thank you. How I love them! I felt that it was I who needed to thank them and Natalie Scott, their teacher.

And now we have Maya playing with us and will see Chris, Natalie and Mason soon as well. It doesn't get better than this. Family, Primary children and teachers, a wonderful Sharing Time, the gospel. What treasures I possess! I am so blessed!

12 comments:

Christina said...

Your full happy heart is contagious. I'm so glad you had such a great Sunday! Enjoy time with your beautiful fam!

Kristi said...

I love that quote and I loved being back in Primary today! The spirit was so strong today--the kids are so lucky to have you. :) They sure missed you, too!

Emily John said...

You are awesome! I never understood why people don't want primary callings the kids are so close to our Heavenly Father that it's so neat to be around them! You have a HUGE heart!

Jori said...

I was thinking the same thing during our program today. I LOVE being in Primary. It is the best.

Nat Lud said...

I hear ya! Sunday rocked today! I had to teach the lesson in R.S. and I could totally feel the Spirit to the point I wanted to just jump and down with joy. sounds corny, I know! I am just so grateful for the gospel too and your excellent post today. Thanks, Jan!

Unknown said...

hopefully you're pronouncing it "tray-shurs" just like the utards do! :) you're my treasure, too!

hoLLy said...

i miss primary!!!! :(

Natalie Scott said...

I'm with you, Jan, I could hardly hold the tears back today! Between Maya's (CUTE) talk, Alika's last day and hearing the kids singing voices again I could hardly contain myself. Not to mention the kids were especially attentive! I think we were all so happy to be back in primary together, and to see you on your feet without crutches!

everything pink! said...

oh what a sweet post.

Mel said...

Yay! Glad you enjoyed church. You must be wonderful in the primary.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Your Primary kids are so lucky to have you! And it is so nice to have Nat and her family close by too! I am glad you had a wonderful sabbath!

Barb said...

I love primary, too. I served for 12 years in primary, nearly consecutively, so I feel like I graduated from primary twice.
I live in Calgary, but I grew up in Lethbridge, and my parents are from Magrath and Raymond, so I've got deep Southern Alberta roots!