10.29.2007

Fun times in Primary!

Yesterday in Primary, our chorister Joan decided to do a song 'hospital' so that we could review all the songs we're doing for the CSMP (*Children's Sacrament Meeting Presentation) which is coming up on November 18. (this, of course, means that we will be doing the requisite LONG practices in the chapel for the next 2 Sundays). Joan wanted to know how well the kids really knew the songs. She asked if I could help her with her singing time, and of course, I jumped at the chance to be dorky. That's what I'm best at.

Above you will see Joan and I, garbed in our Dr./Surgeon outfits, (rubber gloves and all!) going through the songs. The pic came from our Bishopric member's camera phone -- I thought I saw him standing back there with his phone in the air! We look pretty weird but I'm OK with that. We had a ball and I"m quite sure the kids did too.
Life is fun when you are willing to be a bit geeky -- and clearly I am!

14 comments:

Mel said...

Life is definitely more fun when you can be goofy. I love it! I'm sure the kids thought you were the best.

Jori said...

Can I please come be in your Primary?? You guys are too much fun. I love that you are so willing to be silly. I bet the kids LOVE you!

Unknown said...

the kids loved it! you guys are tons o' fun!!!

Kristen said...

Mark told me about it on the way home from church. He thought it was great and he said the kids absolutely loved it! I wish I could have seen it - you are SO FUN!!

Natalie Scott said...

It was a HUGE success! I think Kristi and I enjoyed it more than the kids :o)

Kristi said...

I thought this was SOOOO much fun--you guys had me laughing the whole time. I love how creative and excited you are when you're with the Primary kids--You are adorable, by the way!!

Kristi said...

Natalie S. is right on--we kept eyeing eachother and laughing!

Maren said...

Goofiness totally helps, it helps the kids see us (i do it too) on their level, instead of as scary adults. :) Well done on the goofiness!

Melissa said...

I love this! When I was Primary president sharing time was my favorite! I love to be goofy and get on the kids level. You are darling!

Cammie said...

I think I need to be in your primary. You are having so much fun!

Darleen said...

That is AWESOME!! Just like a kid again. I'm sure the kids were having a great time. And you definitely got their attention.

Heather said...

What a cute idea. Goofy is fun. I was so glad I wasn't in charge of the program this year haha

hoLLy said...

i wish i could've been there to see! looks like so much fun. those lucky lucky kids!

Fantastic Five said...

that looks like so much fun. i would miss a week like that! really cute, i am sure the kids loved it.