10.30.2007

Stay on the Path

That which causes us trials shall yield us triumph: and that which make our hearts ache shall fill us with gladness. The only true happiness is to learn, to advance, and to improve: which could not happen unless we had commenced with error, ignorance, and imperfection. We must pass through the darkness, to reach the light.” (Albert Pike)

I ran across this quote today and loved it. If we can wade through the trials, the heartache, the error, the ignorance and imperfection, what will remain is that which we desire -- success and happiness.

Sometimes life gets so hard that it's difficult to see beyond the heartache. If we could, we would never lose our focus and we would be willing and eager to continue to trudge through the day-to-day challenges that we call mortality.

But the best is yet to come. It will all be worth it, and we can't imagine what is in store for us if we can keep the faith and press on. As we pass through the darkness (which we all must, at least from time to time), we need to remember that the light we seek is just around the next bend in the path.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

that's a great quote! i love it. thanks, mama!

Cammie said...

What a great quote. You always seem to post the most inspired things. They always help me!

Nat Lud said...

It is so very true. Having had a few trial in my life, I have learned to appreciate my blessings so much more and just really be thankful when the storm is calm. Thanks for another great quote, Jan!

Christina said...

Thanks, Jan. You know I need these kinds of quotes :) It's a keeper. I appreciate your always uplifting posts!

Jori said...

Aww thanks Jan! Just what I needed. My Ryan is back to having serious doubts about adopting.(he has an adopted bro. that caused his fam serious problems, so he is a little reluctant) Thanks for the pick me up. You are the best, I hope the hard times you are facing will soon pass.:)

Emily John said...

I love the quote. It's so true. It seems like trials make us stronger and apprecative. Your such an inspiration to me.

Darleen said...

I love the quote. Sometimes I wonder why am I having trials when I try my hardest to follow all my covenants. I guess it's something I have to learn and be stronger. There is a light at the end.

hoLLy said...

great quote and beautiful picture!