8.16.2007

According to Fred . . .

"Imagine what our real neighborhoods would be like if each of us offered, as a matter of course, just one kind word to another person. There have been so many stories about the lack of courtesy, the impatience of today's world, road rage, and even restaurant rage. Sometimes, all it takes is one kind word to nourish another person. Think of the ripple effect that can be created when we nourish someone. One kind empathetic word has a wonderful way of turning into many." (Fred Rogers)

Kind words make such a difference. Mother Teresa said it this way: "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."

I'd love to think that something I did or said made a difference in a positive way to someone. That's my goal: to try to start that ripple effect with someone today.

4 comments:

Jori said...

You definitely start a ripple effect everyday. Your posts are always so uplifting. They give me a boost each day.

hoLLy said...

What a great goal-I'll make it mine too. Hey, the ripple has already started:)

Heather said...

I love your post, thanks! So true too. I love the ripple effect idea!

Unknown said...

so good! i need this. i'm at zero patience with maya these last couple of days and i need to talk nicer to her, even when she's making me nuts!