8.15.2007

Tagged!

Wow - I got tagged. This will require some thinking and I'm not so good at that but here goes:

4 things about me you may not have known:
1. I've had 27 addresses since getting married (I know, I know - hard to believe, but true)
2. I went to BYU for 4 years back in the '70's, majoring in Music Ed., but fell in love, got married, got pregnant and that was it for my education. All I had left to do was student teach and wondered why my parents were not happy. I went back in 2001 and graduated from UNLV with a degree in Communication Studies in 2004. I loved it, did well, and fully intended to go on and get a masters degree but then I met Maya and that was it for me. I didn't want school to cut into my time with her.
3. I used to be fat. Very fat.
4. I always wanted a house full of kids but was officially retired from birthin' babies at age 26. It was hard to take at the time.
5. I taught Seminary for 15 years. (I know I am only supposed to list 4 things but this has to be a record!)

4 Jobs I've had:
1. Cashier at the movie theater in Lethbridge, Alberta
2. Front desk at Prince of Wales Hotel in Waterton Lakes National Park
3. Asst. manager of Northern Reflections store in Nashville, TN.
4. Elementary school music teacher, also in Nashville. (my favorite of all)

4 Movies I can watch over and over:
1. Grease (cheesy, I know but I like it)
2. Pretty much any Harry Potter
3. Toy Story (learned that from Maya)
4. Napoleon Dynamite

4 Favorite TV shows:
1. The Amazing Race
2. Hell's Kitchen (again, I know, -- but it was fun)
3. Monk (I even wrote a 35 page paper on this show for a class in college a few years ago)
4. Dancing with the Stars (mostly because I know I couldn't do it)

4 Favorite Hobbies:
1. Grandma-ing. I love spending time with these little ones. What a gift!
2. Primary. I love the kids -- and I guess since it's my calling, it's not a hobby but it sort of is.
3. Reading. I'll read pretty much anything but hate to recommend much since I read (like I said), anything, trashy stuff included.
4. Shopping and eating out. No explanation required, I'm sure.

Places I have lived:
1. Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
2. Provo and SLC Utah
3. Boise, Idaho
4. Indianapolis, Indiana
5. Colorado Springs and Denver, Colorado
6. Nashville, Tennessee
7. Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
8. Austin, Texas. (I think we're here for good -- we love it here!)

4 Favorite Foods:
1. Quaker popcorn cake snacks (they come in 90 calorie packages and I love them)
2. Diet Coke
3. Diet Limeade from Sonic
4. Chicken - pretty much prepared any way at all.

4 Places I'd rather be right now:
1. Shopping. A bad day shopping is still better than a good day doing almost anything else.
2. Hawaii -- I've never been and I really really want to go
3. On a cruise -- see above
4. Playing with the kiddoes

4 Websites I check daily:
1. Yahoo email
2. Blogging friends
3. Google -- many purposes!
4. tvtattle.com -- I want the scoop

4 Places I've been on vacation:
1. Alberta and British Columbia
2. Disneyland
3. Fort Lauderdale, Florida -- loved it!
4. Port Aransas, Texas -- loved that too. I love the beach.

4 Nicknames:
1. Jannywan
2. Janzer
3. Bootsie (long story there)
4. Louchie (see above)

I don't think there's anyone left to tag -- but if you haven't been tagged, you're it.

8 comments:

hoLLy said...

I enjoyed reading about you! You are such a cool gal!

Unknown said...

lots of fun stuff there! you've been around the block a few times, haven't ya? :)

Jori said...

I love Grease too! What is Reno like? Sometimes we talk about moving up there. I know it's close to Lake Tahoe and that's about it.

Jan said...

Reno is nice if you can deal with the winters. It's about 40 minutes from Tahoe and it's so pretty up there. We liked Reno -- and that's where my 2 older kids met their spouses so I think we all have a soft spot for Reno! :)

Kristi said...

Jan! I love learning about you--15 years of Seminray teaching is incredible!!! I love Grease, too, and reading, and shopping (I love your comment about a bad day of shopping is still a good day...so true)!! Sorry I can't make it to your big party at Pei Wei tonight--dadgummit! I think you and the other "Jan" would get along famously, but alas--family calls. I hope you have a wonderful time tonight! We'll be thinking of you :)

Hayley said...

jan, you're fun. i like you :)

Cammie said...

Jan, that was so fun to get to know a little bit more about you. I met you for just a little while at Natalie's graduation party at the U, you were so funny and nice. Loved the seminary teaching too!

Darleen said...

I don't believe you used to be fat...you're such a skinny whinny. And I love Reno too! It's my hometown.