8.10.2007

Three Cheers for Hayley!

So today I got another great surprise in my mail -- my book arrived from Hayley! It's called "Three Cheers for Tacky" and it's a fun story about a bumbling penguin named Tacky who wants to help his team win the first place bow-ties in the Penguin Cheering Contest. It has great messages about how we are different, about acceptance, and about how practice can make perfect (or not!).

Love the last line -- "Tacky was an odd bird, but a nice bird to have around." Just like lots of us.
Thank you, Hayley! (and thanks, Jori, for such a fun swap idea!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! we've checked a few of these books out of the library and thought they were extremely cute! that will be fun to have around.

Jori said...

I love tacky! very fun book!

Rebecca said...

We love Tacky! He's so much like us! :)

Holly O. said...

Fun! I added that to my list at the library!

hoLLy said...

tacky books are great!

Kristi said...

Awesome! I'm excited to check this out--it sounds like a good one. Yay Hayley & Jori.

Mel said...

yay! i love the tacky books. i have them all. i can definitely relate to him. :)