8.09.2007

McDonalds does it again




I think everyone agrees that McDonalds has cornered the market on the kids' meal toys. They just ended their "Hello Kitty" series (much to the disappointment of a certain Miss Maya) and I was a bit concerned yesterday when we were discussing the Happy Meal her mom was bringing home. Maya was utterly convinced (as hard as I tried to prepare her for the fact that the Hello Kitty promotion was done), she would still get another Hello Kitty surprise in her Happy Meal. I really really didn't want to see her disappointed and I knew she would be.

Imagine how happy we were, then when Mom arrived back home with the aforementioned Happy Meal containing no Hello Kitty toy (sometimes Grandmas are right!) , but a Build-a-Bear toy. How did they know that would be the only thing that could even sort of measure up to a Hello Kitty toy?

You just gotta love McDonalds. They know what they're doing!

7 comments:

hoLLy said...

cool! we're going tomorrow!

tiburon said...

I am sad to see Kitty go - but BAB is a great alternative. Now if I could just get them to serve some decent food we would be set! ;)

Heather said...

They do know how to put a cool toy in the happy meal, no question about that!

Unknown said...

yeah, build a bear is a close second in our house. micky d's rules on kiddie toys. what is up with chick fil a? they put the biggest pieces of crap in their kids meals. sonic, too. at least at chick fil a, you can trade in your piece of crap prize for an ice cream cone!

hoLLy said...

i didn't know you could do that at chick fil a-good to know. thanks natalie:)

and i agree, what is up with those places and their craptoySs?

Kristi said...

My daughter Loves the build-a-bear toys, too. That can really save our day sometimes!

Holly O. said...

I might have to take Connor just for the toy! And maybe he'd enjoy running around the playland. Wait a second, why haven't I done this before???