8.20.2007

Make the Most of Today

"The purpose of life is to listen -- to yourself, to your neighbor, to your world and to God and, when the time comes, to respond in as helpful a way as you can find . . . from within and without". (Fred Rogers) Each day is a gift and we need to try to use as such.

So the scripture that tells us to "Choose you this day whom ye will serve; . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord", (Joshua 24:15) makes it very clear. Not tomorrow, not when we get good and ready, not when it is convenient -- but "this day," -- now, today, we must choose whom we will serve and make it clear in the way we live.

8 comments:

Jori said...

I think that is a very liberating thought. It's so easy to be stuck dwelling on past mistakes, or stressing over the future.

Jori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

looove that jakie jake! that's a great one. very cute.

hoLLy said...

i loved all of those quotes! especially the first about today being the day. that is so true.

Hayley said...

i think that scripture is one of those that makes me realize i better get my butt in gear. i can't do it when its convienent for me (spelling of that word???) i needa do it now!

tiburon said...

What a great thought! Thanks for sharing :)

Fantastic Five said...

no better time than now

Kristi said...

This needs to become my mantra...maybe if I say it enough, it will. :)