8.06.2007

Check it out -- the yard is done!













It's been ages since I even mentioned our big yard transformation -- it's taken a long time because it's pretty much been a one-man job. Mark has had a little help off and on but I'd bet he did 90% of the work on this project himself. And then with all the rain we've had, it got hard to finish it. Well, now it's almost done and it's beautiful. My only regret is that I didn't have him take any 'before' pictures -- but you can picture this yard with nothing there but yukky grass and two small trees. Everything else you see in the pictures was involved as part of this project. The last little job that needs doing is to plant flowers (or whatever) in the box that you can see in several of the pictures. I'm pushing for several rose bushes as they seem to do well here (we have one in the front yard that literally has roses blooming through December and January. Amazing -- and such a sweet surprise in those dark months!). It's been a huge amount of work and it's lovely. Yay for Mark -- he designed the whole thing, planned it out and then executed it too. I think it looks wonderful!

13 comments:

hoLLy said...

WOW!!!! I love the patio tile. I love everything! What an awesome yard!

Kristi said...

Holy Ravioli! That looks incredible--your husband is quite the handy man! I love it, for real. Maybe he can show Nolan how to plan a backyard like this when we finally move...it's awesome. :)

Rebecca said...

That looks awesome!! Care to make a trip up here to motivate Nathan? :) Great Job Mark!!

tiburon said...

Wowsa! That looks great! Well done Mark! I bet you will enjoy the heck out of that yard :)

Val said...

We need you in Medicine Hat, Mark! The yard and patio look great. We'll try to get the yukky deck ripped off before you arrive!!

Jill said...

You backyard looks awesome and I love that you have more little kid stuff than I do! Your grandkids are very lucky!

Jori said...

Looks great! I always am so jealous of people with non-desert landscaping.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jan, it's just beautiful. Won't it be so much fun to have family dinners out there when fall comes and the weather cools down? Hats off to Mark...what a man :o)

Unknown said...

very lovely, indeed. he totally rocked that one. yay, daddy.

Mel said...

Beautiful!! I love the yard. What a fantastic job! Woo Hoo!

Darleen said...

WOW!! That looks amazing! And kiddos for Mark for getting it done all by himself. That's a HUGE project. Your backyard looks so refreshing--I just want to sit on your patio with a nice cold lemonade. I'm very jealous since our backyard is just boring grass--I want to do something like that.

Fantastic Five said...

That looks so amazing. I bet you are so happy with the outcome. That is some hard work. I bet Mark shed a few pounds of sweat doin that job!

Nat Lud said...

What a great yard. I love that it has a play thing in it too! You are such fun grandparents. I'm sure you'll have lots of great bbq's out there!