8.04.2007

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I'm a day behind here because my Dad's BD is actually yesterday, August 3 but I have been gone and didn't have computer access. I did get to talk with him on the phone and wish him a happy 84th (yup, big 8-4!) birthday but I wanted to pay tribute to a wonderful dad on his day.

Mom says that Dad swore he would get married before he turned 25, and he did -- the day before his 25th birthday. So their anniversay is Aug. 2 and his birthday is August 3. I'm so thankful for my dad -- he has always been a wonderful friend and example to me. Even when I was a rotten teen-ager (not his words but my uncle's) he would let me come and sit on his lap and (in his words) 'cry on his shirt'. And I would -- sit and cry out my frustrations, my disappointments, my anger and my heartaches along with my mascara, all on his nice white shirt. When he really wants to tell me that he misses me, he'll say something like "I'd even be glad to have you come and cry on my shirt!" -- and I know that means he loves me.

I love you, Dad!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

grandpa is the absolute best. you are lucky to have such an awesome daddy.

Jori said...

Ohhh what a sweet daddy! What a blessing.

Rebecca said...

Awww.... who else could I share feet jokes with??? Thanks for this. Now I have to post about him! Thanks for the idea!

hoLLy said...

what a sweet post and what a great dad. happy birthday jan's daddy!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday! He sounds like a sweetheart.

Mel said...

happy birthday dad....on the 3rd. what a cute daddy!

Darleen said...

What a great dad! Happy Birthday!

Fantastic Five said...

I want a dad. If I ever make it to Canada, maybe he will let me sit on his lap and cry. That is so tender. I would probably break his little bones, so maybe that isn't a good idea.