8.01.2007

Donuts -- Yum!

Today I had another appt. with my dentist (you remember him, right? He's the best.). His office location is convenient but has one downfall -- it's also pretty much right across the street from a new Shipley's Donut store. Normally that wouldn't even catch my eye, but since our (former) next door neighbors are the ones that opened the store, I'm very much aware of Shipley's. And having sampled their donuts on many occasions, I know they taste good. Really good.

So as I exited the dentist's office after my appointment, I glanced across the street, saw the Shipley's store, and before I knew it, I was in my car, out on the street, into the left turn lane, and then sliding my little Honda Civic into a parking place in front of the donut store. Happened so fast it made my head spin. Then I was inside, faced with the decision about which donuts to buy, how many donuts to buy, and (to be honest) wanting them all. I settled for just a few but ordered a large Diet Coke to go along with it. That lowers the calorie intake, right? (yeah, right!)

The fact is, Shipley's makes a nice donut! I personally like the vanilla frosted ones with sprinkles, but they do a mean filled bavarian cream too. I'm sure they are ALL good -- and I"m equally sure that someday, I will know that from experience.


I have already done my time on the elliptical machine today (that may have been a part of why I headed straight for the donut store -- "hey, I've already exercised! I can indulge!") -- but I probably took in more calories in donuts than I exercised off. Sigh. I think it's a good thing I don't have another dentist appt. till October.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm, shipleys! i love their donut holes.

Val said...

Natie - they can't be better then TIM BITS, can they??!!

Mel said...

never tried shipleys before. i love donuts though. love that it's right across from the dentist. hehe

Kristi said...

I have never tried Shipley's, but will definitely be making a stop there asap! Yum! I would have made a bee line for the donuts, too :)

hoLLy said...

i agree-shipleys is soooo good! i love donuts in general. i ate 3 big fat ones with lots of chocolate and sprinkles this morning. bad me.

Fantastic Five said...

that looks so yum. way better than the weight watchers cakes that i have been eating. which i ate 3 today! i am out of control!

Anonymous said...

My boys keep begging to go in that Shipleys every time we pass it. One of these days we will actually do it!