8.31.2007

I Win!

So today was the day that Maya and I did our 'date with Grandma' that she earned as a reward for dry panties. (it's cool to be the reward!! Gotta love that!) We met at Pei Wei (Natie was on her cupcake quest and I was having a shot in my foot -- another story but it's dang sore) for lunch and after eating, we separated. (side note: since I am not much of a picture taker, I forgot the camera -- and Natie forgot her memory card so no pics of this event! Sigh.)

I took Maya to the mall with me so that she could do whatever her heart desired for her reward. First stop: Build-a-Bear (of course!) to make their newest 'bear' -- a ghost. She was so tickled with her -- she made a sound for it (herself going 'oooooo, oooooo' - -very spooky) and then stuffed her, named her(Ghostie Cottam) and picked out a new outfit for her. Ghostie had a tank top and skirt on when Maya looked at me and said "Grandma, she needs to be modest! Let's get her a sweater!" So we did, of course. Who am I to let Ghostie be immodest, anyhow?

After all that fun, we went on to Dippin' Dots where Maya made her choice for the day: rainbow! She settled herself onto our favorite bench and totally enjoyed her treat. Then -- time for a potty stop (because wet panties during your dry panties reward is out of the question!) so we ran back to Nordstrom, where they have the nicest potties.

Before we left Nordstroms, we had to check out their pink cookies - -which, just FYI, were delicious. We enjoyed those as well, and then spotted Lamme's Candies, where Maya remembered that her Mama loved their pralines. So of course we made a stop, where she chose some pralines for Mama, candy sticks for Maya and a lollipop for Bubs.

Then we headed for home so she could show her loot to her Mom, after which we continued on to Grandma's house for 'rest' time. Actually we built a fort out of chairs and blankets (with Monkey's help), hung out inside it with a flashlight, and watched a little Arthur. Not very restful maybe, but lots of fun.

All in all, I think I was a fun reward and hereby volunteer to be the reward anytime! What a reward -- for ME!

14 comments:

Emily John said...

Oh love build a bear. What a good grandma activity. I agree that ghosty should be modest, so good of maya. I love nordstrom bathrooms if Jessi has to go I make her hold it until we can RUN to nordys! What a fun reward!

Emily John said...

PS I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment. :)

Unknown said...

you guys always live it up. ghostie is a great addition to the family.

Jan said...

Emily -- I love it! I read your blog every day -- can I link yours to mine? Yours is such fun to read!

hoLLy said...

i love maya's names for her stuffed animal friends. she is such a clever and creative little girl. i miss her! how nice for you two to have little dates together.

Maren said...

Awww! What a fun day! You'll have to get pictures of Ghostie and Maya later for sure. Sounds like you two had such a fun day. I love the modesty, and that she remembered momma and bubs at the candy store. :)

Jori said...

Maya is SO lucky. That sounds like a fun day! It almost makes me wish I had a wetting problem, so I could have a big reward day. :)

Kristi said...

OK--you are officially the funnest grandma!! Oh man, what a fun day, seriously!! Talk about you being a reward... :) Maya is so lucky to have you, for real.

Emily John said...

Link Away!

Jan said...

Thanks, Emily!!

Anonymous said...

You're the BEST grandma ever!

Perhaps I need to start to incentivize my kids with a "date-day with Sis. Mason" :o)

Mel said...

What a fantastic day! I love build a bear, such a fun place. What a great way to celebrate dry panties than with grandma! Yay for your being the best reward!

Jan said...

Hey Nat -- anytime! I'd be a reward for any one of your kiddoes! Love them!

Fantastic Five said...

maya doesn't know how lucky she is to have her grandma so close to spend time with and get spoiled by. you are the best. i would dry my panties anytime to spend a day with you.!