7.19.2007

Calling China

So today Natalie and I took the little guys on a short field trip to Chuck E. Cheese's as Maya really wanted to swim and it's not great swim weather here today so we figured Chuck E. could fill that void. And he did. We had a great time. What is funny is that on the way, Mason got a little testy about being strapped into his car seat for such a long period of time (we boycott the near location of Chuck E's because there is a new, nice, clean one up in the north area of town and since Chris works in that general vicinity, he can join us on his lunch hour) so he started to fuss. The right answer is to give him a cell phone -- which we did. First he had Natalie's phone, then that wasn't good enough so I gave him mine. When we got there, I went to get him out of the car and discovered he had somehow managed to dial Mark's desk and the line was still open. So I solved it by closing up the phone and that was the last I thought about it.

When I got back home, I found an email message from Mark with an attachment which I opened -- and I was privileged to hear a nearly 3 minute message that Mason had left on Grandpa's work phone, complete with comments from all of us. And clever Gramma, as I went to get Mason out, apparently I even said "Calling China, huh?".

Can I make a side comment and say that I hate my voice when I hear it? I also thought it was pretty funny that Mark saved the message and emailed it to me -- I'm sure it was inspirational to him when he listened to it! Made me smile today.

6 comments:

Jori said...

I wish I could hang out with my mom everyday. SO jealous. I hate hearing my voice too-it's really so annoying. That is cute Mark saved the message and sent it to you.

Unknown said...

i am going to marry that boy. look how cute. seriously. cuteness.

jaacs said...

That is super cute. I, too, cant stand the sound of my voice recorded. When we first were engaged, Christian worked at a radio station and he actually copied all my voice messages and then put them on cd. I thought it was cute that he liked to listen to it...but then he actually played it when I was at his apartment one time. Oh, I wanted to die. lol. Fortunately, that cd got lost before we were ever married and I moved in. :)

hoLLy said...

such a cutie and such a funny story. yeah, that chuck e. cheese on the south side is raunchy. i hated that there wasn't a better one closer to us(we were in buda!)

Kristi said...

That is a cute story--I love that you guys get to hang out together! Mason is so cute, too. (I hate voice mail voice, too!)

Hayley said...

thats great. my four year old niece knows how to call my parents, from my phone. she knows the speed dial to push, that is. and she calls them regularly. sometimes without my knowledge. i don't mind though. my parents love it!