7.20.2007

Flat Tire, Helpless Female

I just went out, got into my car, backed it out of the garage and started down my street. The car was acting weird though -- I kept thinking I had the emergency brake on (I didn't) so I finally stopped a few doors down from my house and sure enough, I have a flat tire. Sigh. It's really not that big a deal -- I don't have anywhere specific to go although I was on my way to have some playtime with the kiddoes. I called Mark (who, to give him credit, is usually available when I try to reach him) to ask if he though I should just leave it on the street and walk back home or to just bring it home slowly and carefully -- and he isn't reachable right now for whatever reason. So -- using my fine female judgment, I backed it very slowly down my street, back to my house and into my driveway where it sits, looking like a woman with 3 shoes on and 1 shoe off -- unbalanced, as it were!

Mark will call me back whenever he can and he will take care of it for me -- but I'm housebound -- and it's raining. And I just showered so I do NOT want to get on the elliptical right now -- so I'm blogging. Boring, I know. But that's what's happening here. Nothing much.

9 comments:

Jori said...

Sorry you're stuck. My dad showed me how to change a flat tire, when I was younger but I didn't pay much attention. I just figure I will sit in my car and call for help. Hope you get on your way soon.

hoLLy said...

Maybe I should learn how to change a flat tire....nah....

Heather said...

Uhhhg that's a bummer. Hope you are out and about by now.

Jan said...

It's nice because I do have lots of resources to call upon - -which I did. Mark will take care of it but till then, Natie and I had a great trip to the mall with the kiddoes. Nordstroms loves us -- with good reason. We did well. Car still is sitting there!

Kristi said...

Jan!! That stinks you have a flat tire. :( The weather isn't exactly flat tire friendly weather, either! Here's hoping it gets fixed soon! :)

Unknown said...

annoying! glad we were able to get out and enjoy some shopping!

Hayley said...

sucky! i hate being housebound when i don't want to be!

Mel said...

i think i need to learn how to change a flat tire. i have a fear that one of these times as i'm in a hurry somewhere important it will happen. ugh! that sucks you were stuck in your house. :(

Jan said...

Tire update: Good husband came home, put the donut on and the car is now down at the place getting the tire fixed, the state inspection done, the oil changed, and the tires rotated. Wow - he is a multi-tasker. Gotta love that!