7.08.2007

People are Good

I ran across this quote the other day and it really made me think. "I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart. . . "
(Anne Frank)

Given what we know Anne Frank's life, I find this to be an amazing outlook. I need to cultivate the same attitude -- people really are good at heart, even if they steal my parking spot at Target, even if they cut me off on the freeway, even if they won't sub in the nursery on Sunday, and even if they take a whole cart load of stuff into the 10 items or less lane at the grocery store. People are generally good, want to do good and be good. Something for me to remember.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

That's an incredible quote, especially considering who wrote it. When I think of her attitude, I am amazed and humbled. Great post today, Jan!! You're right, people are good at heart, even though sometimes it's hard for me to remember that!

Unknown said...

yeah, amazing. she's obviously an amazing women. talk about a forgiving heart!