7.30.2007

Fast Money

It's interesting that once in a while it's actually possible to get something fixed quickly (rarely happens that way, but it did today) . The hard part is after, when you have to see the price tag! We called the AC people this morning, they had a diagnostician out almost immediately who told us what needed to be done. Then there was the actual repair person who showed up, fixed the problem and received his $550 -- all within a 90 minute period that I was out. Mark was home for lunch so he got to handle it all. I was thrilled to get home and feel the coolness again -- but there was a pang as I figuratively watched that $550 fly away. Wish we could make it that fast!

On the bright side, living in a place where AC is far from a luxury, really a must -- I'm grateful to have found a company that got us taken care of so quickly. That's hard to complain about.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Whew! I'm glad it's fixed--it is really heating up today, too. Nice timing on the company's part!

Unknown said...

yes, how happy am i to live in the days of air conditioning?! i'll pay $550 if i have to.

tiburon said...

Glad you got it fixed but it sucks it costs so much! We have a friend that does HVAC and he makes a killing! Now I know why!

Rebecca said...

Ugh! I hate watching money fly away! I am glad you were able to get it fixed so fast though! It's HOT!

jaacs said...

Yuck, I would hate to part with that money, too. We have to get the front brakes replaced on the van and are putting it off and just using the one car because we, like you, dont like to watch our money fly out the window.

Most people here dont have air conditioning. It gets up to about the mid to upper 90s and can be humid...but it is nothing like what you all deal with so, for that, I'm grateful. Our thermostat almost constantly reads 80 - 84 degrees during the day. It stinks to be pregnant with that...but I just make sure there is always a fan blowing on me. LOL.

I hope the weather stays mild for you all and I'm glad you got your AC working again! Yay!!!

hoLLy said...

Yea for AC! I'm glad you got it fixed. Life without one in Texas is pretty dang miserable.

Jori said...

I really don't know how people lived without A/C way back when. Glad they fixed it so fast.

Jill said...

Yeah after hearing the price to fix yours, I'm pretty sure we'll just sweat it out for the rest of the summer.