7.18.2007

My Sister

Reading Kristi's account of her visit with her mom and sisters brought back (once again) the reality of how much I miss my sister Val. She is one of my favorite people in the world, someone who has known me and loved me from way back (even when she probably shouldn't have loved me -- I wasn't the nicest older sister a lot of the time) and we have a friendship that I cherish. She's smart, funny, cute , creative and great fun to be with. She lives in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada (too dang far away from here!) with her husband Keith. They have 2 sons, Eric and Ian. Eric is being married to Jacquie Tagg on Sept. 7 of this year (see pics below) and Ian just returned from his LDS mission to Croatia. Both are wonderful young men who have made their parents (and their aunt) really proud of them.

Anyhow -- reading Kristi's account of the fun she had with her sisters, I have had this ongoing pang of loneliness for mine. We don't see each other nearly often enough and though I was there in May for Ian's homecoming, obviously that was a busy time for her. So I will be up there again for Eric and Jacquie's wedding in Sept, but once again, I know Val will be busy. Some day we need a trip with the girls -- Val, Natalie, me -- good idea, right?


6 comments:

Jori said...

I am so glad you have such a sweet sister. I am always so jealous of sisters. Luckily I have been blessed with good friends, that feel like sisters. I think you girls all taking a trip would be great fun.

Kristi said...

Oh, I think your sister is so cute. What a blessing to have a sister (and for her to have you, too!) It is hard living away from family (I can relate to missing far away family :). I definitely think you three girls need a road trip together! What a fun thing to look forward to!!!

Heather said...

That sounds like a great idea. Sisters are great, even when you get on each other's nerves you still love them.

Unknown said...

val is such a cutie pie! i vote yes yes yes on a girls' trip! you tell me when.

hoLLy said...

There is nothing like a great sister!

Val said...

There I am in living color! That was a surprise - I love you and miss you too and am looking forward to your visit in Sept. I'm ALWAYS up for a trip - lets do it sometime!