7.13.2007

Harry Potter

Tonight Math, Mark and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. We had already heard it was great and it was. We loved it and I heard a quote (spoken by Sirius Black, Harry's godfather) that really stood out to me. This is what he said:

"I want you to listen to me very carefully Harry. You’re not a bad person. You’re a very good person, who bad things have happened to. You understand? Besides, the world isn't split into good people and death eaters. We have all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the power we chose to act on. That’s who we really are."

This is something I think we all know - we each have a good person and a bad person inside us but what really matters is which one of them we allow to win. Loved going to see this movie and hearing a quote like that.

8 comments:

hoLLy said...

I can't wait to see the new Harry Potter. Probably won't be until it comes out on DVD, but I still can't wait! Great quote and very true.

Holly O. said...

Oooh! I am so happy you liked the movie. I'm afraid it will be a while before I see it, but am excited anyway. Great quote too, we all have choices.

jaacs said...

I love the banner, too. I sent Natalie an email to thank her for making it for us. She is a computer wiz, obviously. :) Totally jealous that you have seen this already. Christian is gone for a few weeks so I'll have to wait. Plus, I hesitate to see it since this is the book that annoyed me with Harry being angry all the time. But, I, too, heard it was good and am glad to hear that it is from someone I know. I REALLY can't wait for the 7th book to come out next week!!! Since my plans on attending the midnight release probably wont happen with a toddler, I'll be at B&N bright and early Saturday morning.

Jori said...

Hoo-Ray!! Glad you liked it. We probably won't get to see it until my parents come down in a couple of weeks. This one is too scary for Kaitlin, so we will have to wait until we have a sitter. I am dying for the book to come out next week!! Great quote!

Hayley said...

we saw this movie yesterday, too. i loved it. cried at a few parts, especially at the part with harry and sirius. oh man! now i can't wait til next saturday when the book should come!

Heather said...

We saw this morning yesterday too, and I loved it. That was a good quote too, so true.

Jan said...

It was such a good movie -- dark, but with good reason. I can't wait for the book too!

Kristi said...

OH!!! I want to see this movie even more that I already did! Thanks for the good share. I cannot wait to see this now!