7.11.2007

Fun Music

OK, this is going to crack some of you up, knowing as you do that I am not a young Mama (a young anything, actually!) -- I'm a Grandma! However -- I just got a CD in the mail that I am feeling extremely nostalgic about and enjoying every song on it. Have you heard of Janeen Brady and Brite Music? If you haven't, you need to check it out. I have known and loved her children's music for years. My kids grew up listening to it and I still have the song books we bought years ago when I was a Brite distributor (in Boise, no less!). Her songs teach positive moral values, LDS church values, seasons, holidays, animals, families and more. She writes catchy, up-beat melodies that are easy to sing and move with. Her "Standin' Tall" series teaches values in a really fun way and is one of the best I've seen with that focus. We love her music. Anyhow -- I had LP records and a few cassettes back in the day (dating myself, I know! sigh!) and have recently replaced most of the things I had with CD's. There has been one I couldn't find but recently happened upon it on Ebay and was so excited to have it arrive this afternoon. It's a compilation of 2 albums I had - "I'm a Mormon" and "Young Mormons Sing" and is full of great stuff. I love the songs and can still sing every word. I know my kids loved them too.

With my favorite things being children and music, this arrival has really made my day! There's still another CD like this one up on Ebay if you're interested (you should be -- it's great!) Yay for a fun surprise like this one.

13 comments:

Jori said...

I have never heard of her. I will have to check it out. Love your new banner, and blog colors.

Hayley said...

oh my goodness - absolutely love the banner!!!

Jan said...

I love the banner too - courtesy of (who else?)Natalie the genius. Thanks, sweetie! I love it!

Unknown said...

i just love janeen brady music. i have great memories of listening to it growing up and i love listening to it now with my kids. great stuff.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

No Way!! I grew up listening to Janeen Brady!! I haven't seen anything of hers on cd!! I seriously have my Mom's old tapes!! Do you guys remember the "honesty" tape? "Who broke my window???...Why is my stomach so nervous and queasy"....
I guess you'll laugh if you know what I'm talking about...if not, you'll think I am weird. It wouldn't be the first time...

Darleen said...

I believe I grew up listening to that music also. It sounds vaguely familiar and my parents were into all and any LDS music.

Jan said...

Sarah, I'm cracking up!! Math, Mark and I just the other day went through the "Mr. Robinson, Mr. Robinson" "What a terrible mess!" -- thing -- ending up with "I told the TRUTH!!!" You and I are on the same page here. I do love her stuff and that's one of our favorites. Do you remember "The Land of Obey?" Funny!!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Ha ha ha! That is so funny!! I just crack up thinking about it!! I pretty much think I was "brainwashed" with her music!!! It was a good kind of brainwashing, though!! Music like that just has a good way of sticking in your head...and making you think before you do something! Good times. good times!!

hoLLy said...

I grew up with this stuff too! I loved it! I had SO forgotten about it. I need to check on ebay and get some for my kids. I also remember something called, The Safety Kids by Brite Music too. I can still hear the theme song in my head. We had a box with all of the cassette tapes with the story books. I remember we also had this stick puppet set for all of those stories. Good memories.

hoLLy said...

Oh yeah,and I totally remember The Land of Obey!

Jan said...

I have it in my head now -- "Mr. Did and Mr. Didn't" -- I think. The "I told the TRUTH!!" thing is the one that has totally stuck with all of us. Fun stuff.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

I was going to mention the Safety kids....I love them! I wish I had those tapes for my kids....I still sing the theme song to my kids, ALL the time!! It is so fun re-living your childhood through music....

Jan said...

Look at www.britemusic.com -- you can find her stuff there as well as a little bit of it on ebay if you search "Janeen Brady" or "Brite Music".