7.08.2007

Kindness Begins with Me

I'm still up but I'm starting to get sleepy. Good thing, 'cause I have to get up for good in about 4 1/2 hours! Yikes! As I sit here pondering, trying to get a good Sabbath frame of mind going, I remembered a favorite poem that I thought I'd pass on.

I Have Wept in the Night

I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody’s need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind.
(Author Unknown)

How important it is to be aware of each other. I love this little poem -- it's got a great message. I need to remember this one when I'm feeling cranky and hyper-critical of everyone and everything.
Again, I hope everyone has a great Sunday and we'll see if my Primary brainstorm is a brainstorm or a bomb! Time for bed!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That's a good one. We never know what's going on behind closed doors is other's lives, huh?

Jori said...

Trying to be kind is something I am struggling with right now. Ryan's dad just remarried and getting adjusted to that isn't easy. Thanks for the reminder.

Kristi said...

Side note--your Sharing Time was so great today--so fun. The kids LOVED it. Have I ever told you how much fun you make Primary? :)

Unknown said...

i love that! going right into the quote journal. i need all the reminders to be kind that i can get!