7.08.2007

This is ridiculous!

This has been a really busy Saturday with plenty going on and lots of things to get done. To top it all off, I had a cockeyed brainstorm for Sharing Time in Primary tomorrow (that will probably end up bombing and being really really stupid) and it took me forever to tie up the details and get prepped for that. So -- when I finally did feel I could go to bed, it was late (later than usual and usual is late anyhow as we like to wait up and visit with Math when he gets home after work) and I was pooped. So I figured my head would hit the pillow and that would be it for me. Not so. Got into bed and realized my back, neck and shoulders really hurt, and then I noticed that someone (turns out to be coming from across the back fence) has a back light on and it's shining directly into our bedroom windows. We do , of course, have blinds, but we have a row of windows above the normal windows that aren't covered (and it rarely matters -- but I can promise you that any house we have in the future will not have these windows -- or they will be covered!) and it seems as bright as day in our room right now. So I'm up. Sigh. Maybe I should call Jori and we could chat!

Wish me luck with Sharing Time tomorrow -- I think it's going to be dumb and the kids will hate it (not to mention the teachers!). Happy Sunday, everyone.

5 comments:

Jori said...

Oh boy Jan, you should have called me. I was up reading 1776 until 3:00 am. We should probably just get our hands on some heavy duty sleeping pills. Maybe tonight will be better. :) I hope your sharing time went well. I bet it was great!

Kristi said...

Oh man, I commented on the wrong post--I LOVED Sharing Time! I was thinking, "Why can't I ever think of cool stuff like this?" And the kids could not love you more if you wanted them to.

Unknown said...

it looked like the kids were enjoying sharing time to me! it's weird, though. if i go to bed "on time" i fall right asleep. if i go to bed later, i toss and turn. you'd think i'd be more tired. weird.

hoLLy said...

I can't imagine you doing a Sharing Time that wasn't awesome! Hope today went great!

Jan said...

Dang, Jori - I knew I should have tried to get hold of you! :) Not being able to sleep really sucks -- you'd think it would be the easiest thing in the world and it just isn't sometimes. And thanks, Kristi. I'm glad Sharing Time went well -- I know I had a good time and hoped everyone else did too.