7.06.2007

An Eclectic Post

As I was browsing in my new Woman's Day magazine this morning, I found a great little article focused on quotes that change people's lives. I love that kind of stuff so was drawn to it -- one of my favorite was this one by Plato: "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." It's true. We never know what people are dealing with and honestly, I think I'd really rather have my own battles to fight than anyone else's.

I also ran across another comment by C.S. Lewis that really struck a chord with me: "We long for heaven, and we will never feel fully at home until we get there." His writings seem to focus on this theme, that heaven is our true home and that we spend all our time here on earth trying to find our way back there. He also said this: ""If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

Then, of course, there is the fun stuff I found. Check out these great kitchen towels -- they come from Patina Stores and made me realize how crummy my towels look. I think I need some new ones!
This was definitely a scattered post!! Lots of variety and nothing to hold it all together. Oh well, it kept my attention anyhow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love those towels. very, very cute. love the quotes, too. especially the c.s. lewis, that is going right into my quote journal. i think i have that "homesick" feeling all the time. like we're so close, but somehow just missing it.

Kristi said...

Great quotes...I love quotes. Very cute towels, too. Thanks for the share.