7.26.2007

I'm not old, I'm new!

We were driving today and Miss Maya had requested my presence next to her between the car seats in the back of Natalie's car (that has been where she has generally wanted me -- although recently she seems to prefer me being in the front -- I think she needs her space!) and she snuggled up close to me. She put her head in my lap (fairly flexible, she is -- you have to be to be buckled into your booster and still be able to put your head in the lap beside you), looked up at me, smiled and rubbed my arm. I, (slightly embarrassed at my flabby arms) said "Grandma has saggy skin." Maya: "Why do you have saggy skin?" Grandma: "That's what happens when you get old." Maya: "Oh, no, Grandma, you're not old. You're new!"

Made my day, I can tell you. I'm not old. I'm new. Maya says so.

9 comments:

hoLLy said...

oh, that is so sweet!

Kristi said...

That is so sweet--Maya really loves her Grandma, that's for sure.

Unknown said...

you are new, that's one of my favorites. sweet maya.

Mel said...

how cute is that!!

Jori said...

I'm with Maya, you are a very "new" grandma. You don't seem one bit old!

Jori said...

PS-cute picture too!! you guys are darling and I LOVE the wildflowers!

Jamie Harker said...

That picture is GORGEOUS! I love the things kids say! And a kid of Natalie's must say some pretty great things! :) Enjoy your NEW-ness.

Jan said...

Maya has a way of really telling it like it is. She's very articulate and wants to know what words mean -- and once she does, she uses them. She's a trip -- and adorable. And it's good to be new.

Heather said...

Ahhh, that's sweet! You seem as new as they come!