7.19.2007

We Love Willie's

Tonight we all 'needed' a trip to the Texas Roadhouse so that's what we did. We converged on the S. Austin location, which is owned in part by Willie Nelson. So -- of course, we call it Willie's place. Natalie's favorite things are the rolls and the ribs. I am a fan of those myself, the kiddoes like the peanuts and the fact that you throw the shells on the floor (where else do you get invited to throw trash on the floor?!) and Mark, Math and Chris are all steak fans (or at least they were tonight.) Natie loves their stuffed sweet potato (stuffed with marshmallows -- what's not to love, right?) and I am partial to their baked potatoes that have everything you can imagine shoved into them. When the server asks if I want it loaded, my response is "Duh!". Their ribs fall off the bone, their meats are tender and juicy (I had a grilled pork chop tonight and it was awesome), and they even have great side salads, which I generally don't bother with because why would you when you can have meat?!

Which all explains why I just spent 40 minutes on the elliptical machine, burning off a total of 530 calories. I needed that!

8 comments:

jaacs said...

Yeah, Texas Roadhouse is my favorite place to go, too. I LOVE it. I can always count on good service, AWESOME food, and an atmosphere that keeps my daughter entertained longer than anywhere else so that Mama & Dada can enjoy their meal. Mostly, though, we will place an order to go and bring it on home. I, too, love their loaded baked potato. Wow, is this ever a time when I can say I wish I was there. lol. I'll have to con Christian into taking me out when he gets home in a couple weeks.

Nat Lud said...

Um, pretty sure you don't need to be burning anything off! You look great. Wish I could have some great bbq. Ours here in Cedar is so very lame. Shouldn't even be able to call itself bbq. Anyway, take care!

Jori said...

yum,yum that sounds SO good!

hoLLy said...

I'm with the kids-being able to throw peanut shells on the ground is the best! :)

Rebecca said...

Hey and I don't even have to buy a kid's meal since all Morgan eats is the rolls! What a bargain!

Kristi said...

YUMM! I love Texas Roadhouse--so delicious. Glad you guys had a great meal together--I love going out to eat with the family :)

Unknown said...

yeah, willie's rules. those ribs really hit the spot. and endless rolls. mmmmmm.

Hayley said...

i love the roadhouse. delicious!!! mhmmmm... now i'm craving a delicious steak. might have to force craig there tonight!