7.04.2007

Life Really is Good

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on...." (Robert Frost)

This puts everything in perspective, doesn't it? Bad things happen but life goes on.

As President Hinckley quoted, “Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”
And what a ride it is! Happy Fourth, everyone.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

great quote. i love president hinckley!

Jori said...

I really love both of those quotes. Thank you!

Holly O. said...

Happy 4th to you too. And I love President Hinckley too, thanks for sharing the quotes.

Kristi said...

I've never heard that quote by President Hinckley, but I LOVE it! Awesome! Thanks for posting it.

Jan said...

What is interesting is that Pres. Hinckley didn't actually SAY it -- he just quoted it from a guy named Jenkins Lloyd Jones, a Unitarian minister and it has been wrongly attributed to Pres. Hinckley. I think I read that he clipped it out the Deseret News in 1973.

hoLLy said...

Hope you had a great July 4th! Thanks for sharing those great quotes!