7.29.2007

Sunday thought

Today was a lovely Sunday. Sac. Mtg. was wonderful (loved the talks!), Primary went well (after all the prep and planning it really did -- and it doesn't always happen that way), and we had a great dinner and family time later, even had Math home today for a change (he usually works Sundays). It has just been nice. I have this deep feeling of security and happiness and as I sift through the layers to understand why that is, I find that it's because I know who I am and I know who is in charge. I am a child of God, He is my Father, and He is in charge. What a great, happy way to feel. This little poem reiterates these feelings I'm having today:


God is the Ruler Yet

This is my Father's world --
Oh, let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the Ruler yet. (Babcock)

Sometimes the wrong in the world seems overwhelmingly strong -- but I know that as long as I can keep the feelings I have now, of knowing who I am and who is in charge, all will be well and I can be peaceful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that is a great quote! church WAS really great today. i got a lot out of sunday school, too. good stuff.

Jori said...

We had a great Sunday too! Excellent speakers. It's just what I needed to refuel for the week ahead.

Kristi said...

Church was awesome today. I love Primary and my little Sunbeams, too!

Darleen said...

I love hearing your testimony! Beautiful!